This past weekend the Gateway Track and Field team was at the Lyons Invite (Longmont, CO). While they were there, the decided to leave a few impressions on the those who where in attendance. They had a huge overall performance at the Runners Roost invite in Fort Collins last weekend! The boys team was 2nd place overall scoring 101 points, and the girls team was 8th place overall scoring 39 points.
Here are just a few of the results:
- Yona Mogos on his outstanding 3200 Meter Run at the Lyons Invitational yesterday! His time of 9:24.08 smashed the previous school record of 9:33.67 that was set in 1978! He also had wins in the 800 Meter Run (2:00.95), 1600 Meter Run (4:27.71), as well as a contribution to the 2nd place finish of the 4×400 Meter Relay.
- Elijah Williams wins in the 100 Meter Dash (10.84), 200 Meter Dash (21.89), and 400 Meter Dash (50.46), and a 2nd place finish 4×400 Meter Relay. For his efforts he earned the Male Athlete of the Meet award.
- Standout performances also included Malia Jimerson’s 2nd place finish in the 300 Meter Hurdles (48.77) and 6th place finish in the Triple Jump (33-4.5). The Girls Medley Relay also finished in 3rd place (1:59.22)
- Na’Daisha Williams’ wins in the Long Jump (17-0.5), 2nd place finish in the 400 Meter Dash (63.04), and 6th place finish in the 100 Meter Dash (13.12)
- The boys also finished in 2nd place in the 4×200 Meter Relay (Dibwe, Riley, DeRuso, and Spratley), and 3rd in the 4×100 Meter Relay. Billy Riley was 4th in the 110 Meter Dash (11.36), and Lanier Deruso was 5th in the Long Jump (20-5.5).
As you can see, overall an amazing weekend for all our Gateway Track and Field Student Athletics.